Oh man, have you ever tasted the sweet tang of yuzu? It’s like a lemon and an orange had a love child and it’s simply divine. And don’t even get me started on ponzu sauce! So when I heard about Yuzu Ponzu Premium Soy Dressing with Yuzu Citrus from Marukan, I just had to try it out for myself.
First things first, let’s talk about the packaging. It’s sleek and modern with a pop of orange to match the yuzu theme. When I opened the bottle, the aroma of soy sauce and yuzu immediately hit my nose and it was like my taste buds were already doing a happy dance.
The taste? Oh, the taste! It’s a perfect balance of salty soy and tangy yuzu. It’s not overpowering in the least bit and can complement any dish you pour it on. I personally tried it on a simple salad of mixed greens and it took it to the next level.
The Ginger Beer
Now, onto something a little more unique – Brookvale Union Citrusy Yuzu Ginger Beer! I know what you’re thinking, “Ginger beer? With yuzu? What kind of witchcraft is this?” But trust me, it’s worth trying.
The can design immediately caught my eye – it’s colorful, playful, and screams “fun summer drink”. When I cracked open the can, the aroma of ginger was strong but the yuzu added a welcome citrus note. And the taste? Refreshing, zingy, and slightly bubbly – the perfect combination. And because it’s a non-alcoholic beverage, you can sip on it all day long.
Now, onto the best part – a recipe using both the Yuzu Ponzu dressing and Brookvale Union Citrusy Yuzu Ginger Beer! Introducing…
Yuzu Ginger Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs. chicken wings
- 1/2 cup Yuzu Ponzu Premium Soy Dressing with Yuzu Citrus
- 1/2 cup Brookvale Union Citrusy Yuzu Ginger Beer
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Season the chicken wings with salt and pepper and place them on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- In a bowl, whisk together the Yuzu Ponzu dressing, Brookvale Union Citrusy Yuzu Ginger Beer, honey, soy sauce, grated ginger, and minced garlic.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken wings and toss until fully coated.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over the wings.
- Bake for 45 minutes until the wings are crispy and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
I guarantee that these Yuzu Ginger Chicken Wings will be a crowd-pleaser at any party or gathering. The yuzu ponzu dressing gives a unique twist to traditional chicken wing flavors, and the Brookvale Union Citrusy Yuzu Ginger Beer is the perfect drink to wash it down with.
So go ahead, get creative and start incorporating yuzu into your dishes. You won’t regret it.