Pad Thai is a classic Thai dish that is loved by many. While it typically contains meat and eggs, a vegan version is just as delicious and easy to make. Here is a simple recipe that you can try tonight:
– 8 oz rice noodles
– 2 tbsp oil
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 cups vegetables (such as bell peppers, mushrooms, and carrots)
– 1/2 cup tofu, diced
– 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
– 2 tbsp brown sugar
– 2 tbsp soy sauce
– 2 tbsp tamarind paste
– 1/4 cup water
1. Begin by soaking the rice noodles in hot water for 10 minutes, or until soft, then drain.
2. Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, then add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
3. Add the vegetables and tofu and cook until they start to soften.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar, soy sauce, tamarind paste, and water until well combined.
5. Add the noodles and sauce to the pan with the vegetables and tofu, and cook for 1-2 minutes until heated through and the sauce is evenly distributed.
6. Serve hot, topped with chopped peanuts.
If you aren’t a fan of tofu or peanuts, you can easily substitute other ingredients. Some options include:
– Shredded carrots and cabbage
– Broccoli florets
– Seitan or tempeh
– Cashews or almonds
So next time you’re in the mood for some delicious vegan Pad Thai, give this recipe a try. It’s quick, easy, and will satisfy your cravings without any animal products.