Who doesn’t love a good tiramisu? This delicate tiramisu cake is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth with its decadent flavor and creamy texture. For those who are new to this dessert, tiramisu is a traditional Italian coffee-flavored dessert that is typically made with ladyfingers, mascarpone cheese, and cocoa powder. However, this recipe puts a twist on the classic version by transforming it into a cake.
For the cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
For the frosting:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Step 1: Make the Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare a 9-inch round baking pan by coating it with cooking spray or lining it with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a separate large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk, and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely before frosting.
Step 2: Make the Frosting and Assemble the Cake
- In a large chilled bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, combine the mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture until fully combined and the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Using a serrated knife, gently cut the top of the cake to create a flat surface.
- Spread a layer of the frosting over the top of the cake and repeat with additional layers until all the frosting is used up.
- Dust the top of the cake with cocoa powder and decorate with chocolate curls or shavings (optional).
- Chill the cake in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
Enjoy this delicious tiramisu cake with a hot cup of coffee or tea for the ultimate dessert experience. It’s perfect for special occasions or just as a treat for yourself. Try making it for your next dinner party or as a surprise for a loved one – they won’t be able to resist!
Image 1: Delicate Tiramisu Cake
Image 2: Printed Recipe