If you’re in the mood for some mouth-watering goodness, then look no further than chicken teriyaki! This iconic dish is a favorite for many, and it’s easy to see why. With its combination of tender chicken, sweet and savory teriyaki sauce, and delicious veggies, it’s a treat that simply can’t be beaten. But how do you make the perfect chicken teriyaki dish? Well, you’re in luck! We’ve got two amazing recipes here that’ll knock your socks off.
Teriyaki Madness Chicken Teriyaki Bowl
- 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into small chunks
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup steamed broccoli florets
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over high heat, add the vegetable oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until well browned.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the teriyaki sauce.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of cold water to make a slurry.
- Add the slurry to the skillet, stirring to combine.
- Once the sauce has thickened, remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the cooked rice, green onions, shredded carrots, and steamed broccoli florets.
- Toss everything together until well combined.
- Place the rice mixture in a bowl, then top with the chicken teriyaki and serve.
Nutrition Capital Cafe Teriyaki Chicken
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups steamed broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Combine the soy sauce, mirin, sugar, garlic, and ginger in a bowl to make the teriyaki sauce.
- Place the chicken in a large Ziploc bag and pour in the teriyaki sauce.
- Seal the bag and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place the chicken on the sheet.
- Bake the chicken for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over high heat, add the cooked rice, broccoli florets, and green onions.
- Stir everything together until well combined, then reduce the heat to medium low and let it cook for a few more minutes to heat everything through.
- Once the chicken is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool slightly.
- Serve the chicken alongside the rice and veggies and enjoy!
There you have it! Two delicious and easy chicken teriyaki recipes that are sure to impress. Whether you’re in the mood for the classic Teriyaki Madness Chicken Teriyaki Bowl or an exciting twist on the dish, like the Nutrition Capital Cafe’s Teriyaki Chicken, you really can’t go wrong. So why not give one a try tonight? You’ll be glad you did!