What’s up my beautiful people! The festivities are here and Navratri is underway! No matter what community you’re from, Navratri is a celebration of life and positivity. And what better way to celebrate than with some delicious food?
Navratri Special Dish: Sabudana Khichdi
- 1 cup Sabudana (Sago/Tapioca pearls)
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 2-3 chopped green chillies
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Rock salt (To taste)
- Wash sabudana thoroughly in water.
- Soak it overnight in water.
- In the morning, drain the excess water from sabudana.
- Spread it on a flat surface or cloth and let it dry for 2-3 hours.
- Roast peanuts and grind them coarsely.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and green chillies.
- Add roasted peanuts and stir for a minute.
- Add dried sabudana pearls and stir well.
- Add rock salt and coriander leaves.
- Cook on low flame for 4-5 minutes till sabudana is soft.
- Serve hot with some curd or chutney.
Wowza! This dish is sure to make your taste buds dance. The sabudana pearls have a unique texture and when combined with the peanuts and spices, it creates a magical taste that will leave your mouth watering!
Plus, this dish is perfect for those who are fasting during this holy festival. Sabudana khichdi is a staple during Navratri and now you can make it with ease.
Food Food Food
Hey there folks! We all love food, right? And food also loves us back! So, let’s indulge in some foodgasm with this lip-smacking recipe that is sure to delight your taste buds!
Cheesy Jalapeno Poppers
- 8-10 jalapenos, cut into halves and deseeded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl, mix together cheddar cheese and cream cheese.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- In another bowl, mix together panko breadcrumbs and paprika.
- Fill deseeded jalapeno halves with cheese mixture.
- Dip each jalapeno half in flour mixture, then in beaten egg.
- Then, dredge in panko mix.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Deep fry the jalapenos till golden and crispy.
- Drain excess oil and serve hot with some dipping sauce.
Bam! Look at how mouth-wateringly delicious those jalapeno poppers look! This recipe is perfect for when you want to impress your guests with some quick and easy finger food. The crispy outside and gooey inside of these jalapeno poppers are what make them a crowd favorite!
So, show off your culinary skills and make these yummy cheesy jalapeno poppers today!