What’s good, fam? Today we have some mouth-watering Sweet Potato recipes for y’all. Sweet Potato is not just a staple in African-American cuisine, it is a symbol of our culture. It is one of the “soul foods” that have a deep connection with our history and heritage. Let’s get into these recipes, shall we?
Sweet Potato Slice
First up, we have the Sweet Potato Slice, perfect for any family gathering or holiday feast. These bad boys are easy and quick to make and will leave your taste buds hollering for more.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the sweet potato slices in a large bowl and toss with the olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until fully coated.
- Spread the sweet potato slices in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the edges are crispy and the centers are tender.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole
Next up, we have a vegan twist on the classic Sweet Potato Casserole. This dish is ooey-gooey, sweet, and creamy, all without any dairy. It’s perfect for the plant-based homies out there.
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of vegan butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the sweet potato chunks in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Drain the sweet potatoes and transfer them to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the mixing bowl and mash the sweet potatoes until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the chopped pecans, brown sugar, flour, and melted vegan butter. Mix until fully combined.
- Spread the sweet potato mixture evenly into a large baking dish and sprinkle the pecan topping over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the topping is golden brown and the sweet potato mixture is heated through.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
There you have it, fam – two delicious Sweet Potato recipes for you to enjoy with your loved ones. So go ahead and whip these up, and let us know how it goes.