Let’s start our morning with a delicious and spicy breakfast shakshuka that will awaken our taste buds. And we’re not talking about any shakshuka, but we’re going to use Shakshuka Sauce by Mina® to give it an extra level of flavor. Are you ready?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 eggs
- Shakshuka Sauce by Mina®
- Parsley or cilantro for garnish
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
2. Add the red bell pepper, chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook until the peppers are soft, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the drained diced tomatoes and Shakshuka Sauce by Mina®. Stir well and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
Cooking the eggs
1. Make four small wells in the sauce using a spoon. Crack an egg into each well.
2. Cover the skillet and cook on medium heat until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still runny, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Remove the skillet from heat and let it cool for a few minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro.
4. Serve immediately with your favorite bread or pita bread.
If you like your shakshuka with a kick, you can add more chili powder or even red pepper flakes to the sauce. And if you want a vegetarian version, you can skip the eggs and add some chickpeas or tofu for protein.
Enjoy your delicious and spicy breakfast shakshuka with Shakshuka Sauce by Mina®!
The secret ingredient – Shakshuka Sauce by Mina®
What makes this shakshuka recipe stand out is the use of Shakshuka Sauce by Mina®. This sauce is a perfect blend of tomatoes, onions, garlic, chili peppers, and a secret Moroccan spice blend that will add an extra level of flavor to your shakshuka.
But what is shakshuka and where does it come from?
Shakshuka is a dish that originated in North Africa and the Middle East. It consists of a tomato-based sauce with spices and eggs cooked in the sauce. The name shakshuka comes from the Arabic word “shakshek” which means to “shake” or “jiggle” and refers to the movement of the skillet when the eggs are cooking in the sauce.
Over the years, shakshuka has become a popular breakfast dish all around the world, and for good reason! It’s a simple yet flavorful dish that’s perfect for any time of the day.
But what makes Shakshuka Sauce by Mina® different from other sauces?
First of all, this sauce is made with high-quality ingredients that are carefully sourced and selected. The tomatoes used in the sauce are sun-ripened and hand-picked to ensure the best flavor. The spices used in the sauce are a special blend that’s based on a traditional Moroccan recipe.
Secondly, Shakshuka Sauce by Mina® is versatile. It can be used not only for shakshuka but also for other dishes such as pasta, pizza, and sandwiches. Its rich, bold flavor will add a new level of taste to your favorite meals.
Finally, Shakshuka Sauce by Mina® is authentic. The sauce is made in Morocco, where the traditional shakshuka recipe originates. So, when you use Shakshuka Sauce by Mina®, you’re not just adding flavor to your dish, but you’re also experiencing a little piece of Moroccan culture.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab a jar of Shakshuka Sauce by Mina® and make this delicious and spicy breakfast shakshuka that will take your taste buds on an adventure.