Are you looking for a delicious and easy recipe to impress your guests at your next dinner party? Try this Pesto Chicken Pasta recipe that will satisfy any craving with its perfect blend of flavors and textures.
- 1 lb. linguine pasta
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente, then drain and set aside.
2. In a food processor, combine fresh basil leaves, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, minced garlic, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Process the mixture until smooth and creamy.
1. Season the chicken strips with salt and black pepper.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the seasoned chicken strips and cook for 5-7 minutes until golden brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Combining the pasta and pesto:
1. Add the cooked linguine pasta to the skillet where the chicken was cooked. Toss the pasta to coat with the remaining oil in the skillet.
2. Add the pesto mixture to the skillet and toss everything together until fully coated.
3. Place the chicken strips on top of the pasta mixture and serve hot.
This Pesto Chicken Pasta recipe is not only easy to make but it’s also full of flavor and nutrients. The rich and creamy pesto sauce made from fresh basil leaves, Parmesan cheese, and pine nuts blends perfectly with the tender and juicy chicken strips and al dente linguine pasta. Top it off with a sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley for added flavor and texture.
If you’re serving this dish for dinner parties or special occasions, you can even add some additional ingredients to bump up the flavor. Green beans, sun-dried tomatoes, and roasted red peppers are all great options to mix in with the dish for added texture and flavor.
The next time you’re in need of a delicious and easy dinner recipe, give this Pesto Chicken Pasta recipe a try. It’s sure to impress and satisfy any appetite!