Are you looking for a fresh and healthy salad option for your next meal? Look no further than these two delicious recipes!
Greek Salad Wrap
- 1 large whole wheat tortilla
- 1 cup chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Place the tortilla on a flat surface and add the Romaine lettuce, feta cheese, Kalamata olives, cucumber, and cherry tomatoes in a straight line down the center of the tortilla.
- Drizzle the red wine vinegar on top of the salad ingredients, then sprinkle the dried oregano over everything.
- Roll the tortilla tightly, tucking the ends in as you go, to make a wrap.
- Optional: Cut the wrap in half to make it easier to eat.
Tuscan Green Bean Panzanella Salad
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups cubed day-old Italian bread
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the green beans and cook until just tender, about 4-5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked green beans, red onion, bread cubes, cherry tomatoes, basil, and parsley.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Let the salad sit for at least 30 minutes before serving, to allow the flavors to meld and the bread to soak up some of the dressing.
These two salads are sure to please both your taste buds and your body. Try them out today!