Paneer Tikka is a delicious and popular Indian appetizer that you can easily make at home. I love the combination of spices and flavors in this dish, and it’s perfect for serving at any party or get-together. Here’s how you can make Paneer Tikka at home:
For the Paneer Tikka, you’ll need:
- 1 block of paneer cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 yellow onion, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of garam masala
- 1/2 tsp of salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
1. In a large bowl, mix together the ginger garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, paprika, garam masala, salt, oil, and lemon juice.
2. Add the paneer cubes, bell pepper cubes, and onion cubes to the bowl and toss until well coated.
3. Let the mixture marinate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight for best results.
4. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Skewer the paneer cubes, bell pepper cubes, and onion cubes onto skewers, alternating between ingredients.
6. Place the skewers onto a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the paneer is slightly browned and the vegetables are tender.
7. Serve the Paneer Tikka hot, garnished with fresh cilantro and lemon wedges, if desired.
Enjoy this delicious Indian appetizer at your next party or get-together!
If you’d like to make Paneer Tikka on the stovetop instead of in the oven, follow these instructions:
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the marinated paneer, bell pepper, and onion cubes.
2. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the paneer is slightly browned.
3. Serve hot, garnished with fresh cilantro and lemon wedges if desired.
There are many different ways to make Paneer Tikka, and you can get creative with your own recipe. Here are a few ideas:
- Try adding different vegetables to the skewers, such as mushrooms, zucchini, or cherry tomatoes.
- For a spicier Paneer Tikka, add more chili powder or red pepper flakes to the marinade.
- For a creamier Paneer Tikka, mix in a bit of yogurt to the marinade before adding the paneer and vegetables.
Have fun experimenting with different flavors and ingredients to create your own unique version of Paneer Tikka!