Hey y’all! Today, I wanted to share with y’all my recipe for miso glazed salmon. It’s super easy to make and packed with flavor!
First up, let’s talk about the star of the show: miso. I used Yutaka’s white miso and sweet rice miso for this recipe. They both have slightly different flavors, but work great together in this dish.
For the glaze, you’ll need:
– 1/4 cup white miso
– 1/4 cup sweet rice miso
– 1/4 cup mirin
– 1/4 cup sake
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 1 teaspoon grated ginger
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
– 4 salmon fillets
Now, let’s get cooking!
1. In a small saucepan, combine the white miso, sweet rice miso, mirin, sake, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar has dissolved and everything is well combined.
2. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the glaze cool to room temperature.
3. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Brush the salmon fillets with vegetable oil and place them skin side down on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Spoon the glaze over the top of each salmon fillet, making sure to coat them evenly.
6. Bake the salmon for 10-12 minutes, or until the flesh is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
7. Serve the salmon hot, garnished with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
Now, let’s take a closer look at the two misos I used in this recipe.
First up is Yutaka’s white miso. This miso is made from soybeans and rice, and has a mild, slightly sweet flavor. It’s perfect for adding depth to dishes like marinades, soups, and dressings.
Next, we have Yutaka’s sweet rice miso. This miso is made from sweet rice and soybeans, and has a rich, sweet flavor. It works well in glazes and sauces, as well as marinades and soups.
Overall, I highly recommend both of these misos for any home cook. They’re versatile, packed with flavor, and easy to work with.
So, there you have it folks, my recipe for miso glazed salmon using Yutaka’s white miso and sweet rice miso. I hope y’all enjoy it as much as I do!