Samosas are a popular traditional snack in many parts of Asia, and today we are sharing an amazing recipe for this mouth-watering delicacy that is sure to delight your taste buds! In this recipe, we will show you how to make these delicious treats step by step using our easy-to-follow guide. But, before we get started, let’s take a look at some of the images of our delicious samosas that you’ll be making in no time!
Samoa PNG image #1
Samoa PNG image #2
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mango powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Oil, for frying
- Take a bowl and add the flour, salt, ajwain and mix well.
- Next, add in the oil and mix until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Add water to knead into a soft dough.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- Once the cumin seeds start to POP, add the onion and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add peas, mashed potatoes, garam masala, red chili powder, coriander powder, mango powder, and salt.
- Mix well and cook till the mixture becomes dry.
- Take the dough and divide it into small portions.
- Roll out each portion into a medium-sized circle.
- Cut the circle in half.
- Take one half and make a cone and fill it with the potato mixture.
- Seal the edges carefully with water and make sure there are no gaps.
- Heat oil in a pan for frying.
- Once the oil is hot, reduce the flame to medium and drop the samosas in the oil.
- Fry the samosas till they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the samosas from the oil and place them on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Serve hot with mint chutney and enjoy!
So, there you have it, a delicious samosas recipe that will definitely satisfy your cravings! These crispy and flavorful snacks are perfect for tea-time, parties or even for a quick snack on-the-go. Try making them today and let us know how they turned out in the comments below!