Hey there, fellow foodies!
Black Sesame Seed
If you’re looking for a fun twist on traditional sesame seeds, you have to try black sesame seeds. These tiny seeds are packed with nutrients and are a great addition to all sorts of recipes.
Here’s a delicious recipe that you can try out:
Black Sesame Seed Mochi
- 1 cup glutinous rice flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds
- 1 cup water
- Potato starch or cornstarch for dusting
- In a dry skillet over medium heat, toast sesame seeds until fragrant and lightly browned (3-5 minutes). Allow to cool, then grind to a powder in a food processor or with a mortar and pestle.
- In a mixing bowl, combine glutinous rice flour, sugar, and ground sesame seeds.
- Add water, stirring until a smooth batter forms.
- Transfer the batter to a microwavable dish and microwave on high for 1 minute. Take out the dish and stir the batter well, return to the microwave and cook for another 30 seconds. Repeat this until the batter becomes translucence and the mixture is sticky but bouncy.
- Dust your work surface with potato starch or cornstarch and pour the mochi mixture onto it. Cut it into small pieces to roll into balls on the work surface or flatten into rounds or squares.
This recipe is perfect for anyone who loves sweet and chewy desserts. The black sesame seeds give the mochi a unique nutty flavor that pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the sugar. This recipe is perfect for sharing with friends and family or even for a tasty afternoon snack.
So, what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try and see how delicious black sesame seeds can be!